The Kennett Consolidated School District welcomes you to our district. Note: Students must have attained the age of 5 years on or before September 30th for kindergarten. For 1st grade, students must have attained the age of 6 years on or before September 30th of the year he or she is to be admitted to first grade or attained the age of five years, seven months before the first day of September and successfully completed a kindergarten program that satisfies the requirements established by Pennsylvania statutes, regulations, and rules. All registrations will be processed in the Student Registration Office located at the Mary D. Lang Kindergarten Center by appointment only. You may schedule your appointment by calling (610) 444-4235.
Below is the list of required documents in addition to the registration packet at the time of your scheduled registration appointment:
- Two (2) current proofs of residency. Valid proofs of residency consist of a lease signed by both parties (executed within the last year), deed, settlement statement (HUD-1), real estate tax bill, homeowner’s/renter’s/title insurance policy, vehicle registration card, vehicle insurance card, voter’s registration card, employer letter on letterhead (if not self-employed), bank statement or current (within 30 days or quarterly) mortgage statement or utility activation or billing statement (water, electric, oil, propane, cable, internet, phone). Current address must be listed on documentation. Further documentation may be requested at the discretion of the school district.
- Parent/Guardian identification: valid driver’s license, state issued ID or passport.
- Student’s original birth certificate, baptismal certificate or valid passport.
- Immunization record.
- Parent Registration Statement (provided in the registration packet).
- Home Language Survey (provided in the registration packet)
If applicable: Residency and Guardianship Affidavits will be considered after July 1st.
- If parent/guardian and student are residing in someone else’s home, a Residency Affidavit must be completed by both resident and parent/guardian. At the time of registration appointment all parties must be present. Note: Two (2) proofs of residency and identification of the resident and four (4) proofs of residency and identification of the parent/guardian must be provided when submitting for approval. Acceptable proofs of residency and identification are listed on the forms. Forms are included in the registration packet. Further documentation may be requested at the discretion of the school district. Superintendent will review documentation submitted and provide final approval.
- If student is residing with someone other than the parent, a notarized Guardianship Affidavit must be completed by the guardian. Note: Two (2) proofs of residency and identification of the guardian must be provided when submitting for approval. Further documentation may be requested at the discretion of the school district. Superintendent will review documentation submitted and provide final approval.
- If student is placed with a family by a court system or foster agency, an original placement letter is required at the time of the registration appointment.
To ensure a smooth transition in the educational needs of your child, the following documents should be provided:
- Copy of last report card and/or withdrawal grades if the child previously attended another school.
- Copy of unofficial school transcript if student has completed at least half a semester in grades 9-12.
- For special education students, a copy of the most recent Individualized Education Plan (IEP) and evaluation report.
- 504 Service Agreement/Plan
Once all registration requirements have been met, you may contact the appropriate school (s) regarding orientation programs and class scheduling.
- Mary D. Lang Kindergarten Center, K – 409 Center Street, Kennett Square, PA 19348; 610-444-6260
- Bancroft Elementary, 1-5 – 181 Bancroft Road, Kennett Square, PA 19348; 610-925-5711
- Greenwood Elementary School, 1-5 – 420 Greenwood Road, Kennett Square, PA 19348; 610-388-5990
- New Garden Elementary School, 1-5 – 265 New Garden Road, PO Box 488, Toughkenamon, PA 19374; 610-268-6900
- Kennett Middle School, 6-8 – 195 Sunny Dell Road, Landenberg, PA 19350; 610-268-5800
- Kennett High School, 9-12 – 100 East South Street, Kennett Square, PA 19348; 610-444-6620