The superintendent search process for the Kennett Consolidated School District is on track to be completed in the late summer/early fall in order to have a superintendent who can assume his or her responsibilities in January 2020.
The following steps have been completed and/or are currently in process:
- The position was advertised throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, and New York.
- Nine focus groups were conducted for school district staff, parents, students, and the community at large.
- Seventeen themes were identified based on input from focus group attendees. These themes are being used to develop and select interview questions, and will be made available to the public once the search has been completed.
- Twenty-three applications for the position of superintendent were received and screened.
- Thirteen applicants were interviewed during first-round interviews conducted in June.
- Six applicants were selected to advance to second-round interviews.
- Second- and third-round interviews are scheduled for July and August, respectively.
Questions regarding the superintendent search should be directed to Mary Jeanne Curley, CCIU Communications Director, either via email at KCSDsuptsearch@cciu.org or by calling 484-237-5010.