Policy and Procedure: Secondary School
Meals are served daily in the cafeteria. The healthy meals are based on the National School Lunch Program standards. Monthly menu may also be viewed at the Kennett Consolidated School District Web Site – kcsd.org
|Paid full:||$2.50 for all secondary students|
|Paid Reduced:||$0.40 for all grade students. (Yearly approved eligibility application needed).|
|Free:||Yearly approved eligibility application needed|
Example: Menu – Hamburger on Roll, Fruit, Cooked Green Beans & Milk
- Beef Pattie
- Fruit/Vegitable or both
- The snack foods and beverages in the Secondary Shool are available as desired during the lunch periods.
- For health reason, students are encouraged to avoid making a meal out of snack and vending food items.
- On Account or Cash (No Charges).
- Pre-payment can be done the first day of the week or daily after the lunch line is done each lunch period in the Cafeteria. Left over money at the end of the school year will be carried over to the following year and from school to school with in the School District or as designated. A KCSD check will be issued for refund (No Cash).
- Payments can be cash or checks payable to KCSD Food Service.
- In the case of checks with insufficient funds- Food Service Director will call parents to make them aware that payment is needed as soon as possible in order for cafeteria to honor the pre-payment. Parents are advised to let student bring lunch until problem is resolved. Parents will be charged the service fee the bank has imposed on the school.
VENDED FOOD AND BEVERAGE
- During the lunch periods all soda machines are programmed not to vend. (At present no soda is vended on any machine.)
- Students and staff are encouraged to seek assistance of the Assistant Food Service manager with regards to jammed food item, money or change.
FIELD TRIP MEAL ARRANGEMENT FOR STUDENT ON FREE MEAL CATEGORY
- Students are expected to bring their own lunch unless requested by building principal.
- Meal count- one weeks notice should be provided to assure foods and beverages. Bagged sandwich meals are available.
- There will be no meal arrangement on Field trips scheduled on Mondays. On exceptions – peanut butter and jelly sandwich meal will be packed for the trip. No lunchmeat for food safety reason.
STUDENT LATE FOR LUNCH PERIOD DUE TO UNAVOIDABLE CIRCUMSTANCES
Written request or simple pass from a teacher/office should be with the student upon entrance to cafeteria between lunch period. Student has to wait for next lunch period if written request not provided to the server. Meal payment as applied based on meal category.
STUDENT MEAL CHARGES
- No charges on ala Carte or snack food items.
- No lunch charges are allowed unless approved in writing by Principal/Assistant Principal.
A payment or charge envelope will be given to the student upon charging a meal. Next day payment is expected.
- Delinquent charging is defined as 3 unpaid meals. At this point no further charges are allowed. The student will be given, at no charge, a Peanut Butter/ Jelly Sandwich and Milk.
- Unpaid charges will be carried over: year after year/from one school to the other (K-12).
TEACHERS AND STAFF MEAL SERVICE
Meals are served in the cafeteria line or on designated area of the cafeteria or kitchen away from the cooking and preparation area. In general, kitchen area is limited to cafeteria staff. Traffic of unnecessary persons through the food preparation area, packaging or processing area (s) and utensil washing areas is prohibited by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania County of Chester Health Department safety and sanitation regulation 303.11.7.8.
Next day cash payments are expected. A monthly payment is acceptable. Monthly bills are payable within 10 days of receipt of request for payments For payment of $10.00 or greater: A check payable to KCSD Food Service should be written.
Rational: For the teacher and staffs’ personal accounting purpose and record.
The last day for meal charges: May 15 of each year. The Manager will post notice to alert teachers and staff on the last week of April. Posting location will be at the cafeteria, teacher’s lounge and main office.
The Computerized Pre-payment account is now established in all our schools. All staff has an account in our database. Pre-payment can be cash or check payable to KCSD Food Service. This system will eliminate the need for cash on daily basis. Left over money at the end of the school year will be carried over to the following year and from school to the other school in KCSD or as designated.